These Keto chocolate doughnuts are made with coconut flour and dipped in a dreamy sugar-free chocolate glaze.
One of my Favorite things to do is re-make not-so-healthy desserts into healthier paleo versions.
Any time I see a paleo treat, I can’t help but take a closer look. When I saw Tasty Kitchen member Traci’s recipe for (Coconut Flour) Cake Donuts, I was immediately interested.
FEW TIPS ON MAKING :
- Don’t skimp on the eggs! Coconut flour won’t rise without them. I have had no luck as yet making coconut flour baked goods without eggs.
- You really can’t substitute any other flour in this recipe. But if you are looking for doughnuts made with almond flour, check out my Low Carb Cinnamon Doughnuts.
- Grease your pan well. It’s so non-stick, the doughnuts practically fall right out!
- For more tips on working with coconut flour, check out my primer on Baking with Coconut Flour
- 1/three cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 big eggs
- 1/four cup butter melted
- half tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp brewed espresso or water espresso intensifies the chocolate flavour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to two tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a doughnut pan thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt
- Stir in the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract, then stir within the bloodless espresso or water till nicely mixed.
- Divide the batter many of the wells of the doughnut pan. If you have got a six-nicely doughnut pan, you may need to work in batches.
- Bake sixteen to 20 mins, till the doughnuts are set and company to touch. Remove and permit cool in the pan for 10 mins, then turn out onto a cord rack to chill absolutely.
- Optionally, top with cacao nibs, chopped nuts, coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk collectively the powdered sweetener and cocoa powder. Add the heavy cream and vanilla and whisk to mix.